Christmas Events, Public Events, Retail Events
Newmarket Outdoor Easter Event
Assembling the Ideas
All they asked was that the event was based on some form of competition, that it increased the flow of people in and out of high street stores and that it enhanced their social reach.
Newmarket BID trusted us with complete control of concept, production and management and to deliver this all in the short space of three weeks. This was another tightly scheduled Easter event our team was excited to get stuck into!
The Client Required:
- Our team to deliver a concept from scratch with a 3-week turnaround
- An Outdoor Easter Event to increase their social media engagement
- The Outdoor Easter Event to increase foot traffic into high street shops
Adding our Expertise
We decided that the Outdoor Easter Event would be based on two competitions that members of the public could engage with simultaneously: an Easter Egg Hunt and Photo Competition. Both required entrants to tweet using a unique hashtag.
We handed out cards for people to collect stamps on after they’d found rabbits in each of the 25 stores we’d hidden them in around Newmarket town centre. The would then post these in a bespoke Easter Egg post box that the prize winners were to be drawn from.
- Our team created a unique hashtag to increase social engagement!
- We created an Easter Egg Hunt and Photo Competition concept from scratch for the Outdoor Easter Event
- Our Events Team designed bespoke visuals for the Set, Info Packs, Post Box and Egg
- We provided full event management, event production, themed entertainment and design services for Newmarket BID
Admiring the results
The Outdoor Easter Event was extremely successful and delivered on everything Newmarket BID required. Every shop involved reported an increase in revenue, all 1000 of the stamp cards we had printed were used and the same number of people were engaging with @lovenewmarket on twitter.
Many guests were calling it the best Outdoor Easter Event they had been to and Newmarket BID’s social media accounts continued to gain followers in the weeks after the event.
What Did We Achieve?
- The Outdoor Easter Event received huge engagement on social media
- An increase in high street stores revenue over that week
- A successful concept design that has since been requested by other clients