We like to work with caterers that aim to reduce waste and have sustainability at the forefront of their minds.
When planning the catering at any event, we get the most accurate number of attendees as possible to reduce the amount of excess food/drink we have.
We like to use fairtrade products, such as coffee and chocolate. We also aim to use the least amount of packaging possible with our catering and use recyclable materials, such as paper bags to reduce waste.
- Caterers serve fresh produce.
- Fish from sustainably managed sources.
- Use fairtrade products e.g. Coffee, Bananas and Chocolate.
- Serve fresh food in bulk, rather than individually packaged food.
- Avoid bottled water and use large jugs of water we can refill.
- Use composting where required.
- Reuse glassware, cutlery, tablecloths and more.
- Liaise with local food banks.
- Produce an accurate, realistic amount of food to reduce waste.
We often use an app called OLIO that re-distributes leftover food we may have at an event that can be used elsewhere. This is in an effort to eliminate food waste at our events.
We also contact local food banks in an effort to reduce food waste.
At our the Xero company conference we created, our coffee catering was part of a bigger group that studies how to be sustainable at events.