What Is Event Management?
Event management is the management and overseeing of all logistics leading up to and during an event by managing staff, finances, vendor relationships, entertainers, performers and more.
Event management includes a variety of functions for executing events of all scales, such as Conferences, Exhibitions, Festivals, Awards Ceremonies and more. It can also include things like Private Parties.
It is the conducting of project management and the event as a whole to ensure it runs smoothly and as intended. Getting everyone at the event working together and in unison.
Event Management also encompasses managing a budget, overseeing the event if any issues crop up, managing the teams of people that are part of the event, for example, with venues, performers, travel staff and the list goes on.
There are a lot of moving parts to any event and the list is almost endless, which is why it is so important to choose an experienced event management company, especially when the event is of a large scale – the bigger the event, the more attendees, the longer the event is on for, the more organisation if required.
What Do Event Managers Do?
As mentioned, events have a lot of moving parts, so it’s very important to use an Event Management company with plenty of experience behind it with a proven track record.
Here’s Just Some Things Event Managers Do:
- Finding and booking a Venue that accommodates the number of guests in attendance
- Arranging transportation and parking at (or near) the Venue
- Getting the correct permits e.g. working with the local council
- Having the appropriate insurance for the event
- Risk Assessments, comply with Health & Safety Standards
- Running Order for the event e.g. coordinating the entertainment, performers, caterers and more
- Creating emergency contingency plans, crisis and situation management at the event
- Managing security at the event
And the list goes on.
Of course, depending on the scope of the event, there may be more or fewer services required.
As an event management company, we provide the services above and more. We facilitate any event requirements from our clients.