Birthday Parties, Halloween Events
Southport Trick or Treat Street Halloween Retail Event
Assembling the Ideas
Our client, Southport BID do an annual Halloween Retail Event for their visitors free of charge to create a fun attraction and drive traffic to their retail stores.
Southport BID have had Halloween Mazes before, so this time around Southport Town Centre approached us to come up with some new creative ideas to enhance their Halloween events, so of course, we jumped at the chance!
These events are held in the high street with a focus on the public and we wanted to go above and beyond to do something brand new and never been seen before. Our team got to work on creating some unique Halloween themed concepts.
Southport BID Required:
- Full Event Production Services to create the bespoke Halloween Set
- Event Management Services to ensure the Retail Event ran smoothly
- A bespoke outdoor Halloween Set design to be used for four days
- Scary Halloween Actors and Entertainment for an immersive experience
- Creative ways to entertain the public and drum-up visits to local stores
*We can now offer these Retail Events whilst COVID-19 Guidelines and Social Distancing Measures are in place*
Adding our Expertise
With Southport BID’s requests taken into consideration along with many talks about what the town of Southport needed, we got to work on the designs and the overall ‘Spooky Southport’, concepts.
The idea was to create the ‘Southport Trick or Treat Street’ in the town centre where shoppers could come and do trick or treat. The Visitors would then knock on different doors which have actors behind.
We gave our Halloween Actors different personalities and backgrounds and they would have rehearsed lines and child-friendly riddles. If they got the riddle right, they would be sent to a store for a ‘treat’ and if they got it wrong, they would be sent for a ‘trick’.
We also built up to the Southport Trick or Treat Street Halloween Event on social media prior, posting about the characters that would be there. Our Actors included a Priest who threw Holy Water, Zombie Acrobats and loads more to keep the event interesting.
- We created bespoke scripts for our Halloween Actors at our Southport Trick or Treat Street
- Found the perfect balance between spooky and family-friendly over the 4 day Halloween Store Activation
- The Halloween Store Activation boosted traffic to retail stores
- Large social media reach for Southport BID, building and promoting up to the event one month prior
- Worked with local retail stores to draw traffic
Admiring the results
With Southport BID trusting us to deliver something completely different and unique, we are very proud to say the Southport Halloween Event was a huge success!
Not only was this a successful Halloween retail activation, we also donated to Charity by creating a ‘Spook up Your Business’ concept where businesses decorated their stores where the winner would get a £250 voucher to donate to their chosen charity.
Southport had seen up to 5000 visitors per day, massive social media engagement across many different platforms and great returns for local businesses.
In fact, this was the most successful Halloween event Southport BID have had to date.
- We delivered the Spooky Southport Trick or Treat Street event with no hiccups along the way
- Huge social media engagement for the Southport media channels
- Great returns for the local stores and businesses as a result of the increased foot traffic
- Southport BID reported ‘superb feedback’ from visitors
- Southport’s most successful Halloween Retail Event to date!