Gordon is known as a fantastic and hard working midfielder who generally played on the right flank. Gordon had a great career in Scotland as a key player for Aberdeen’s success. He won the Scottish premier league titles in 1980 and 1984 and won Scottish Cup medals in 1982, 1983 and 1984. Gordon also won a European Cup Winners medal in 1983 when the Dons beat Real Madrid. He became a player for Machester United in 1984 where he went on to win an FA Cup Winners medal before moving to Leeds United. Gordon captained Leeds up to the Division Two title in 1990 and two years later led them to the Division One Championship.
- Played for Man United, Dundee, Aberdeen, Leeds United and Coventry city
- Was a manager for Scotland, Coventry, Southampton, Celtic and Middlesbrough
- Gordon is known as a hardworking and fantastic midfielder
- In January 2013 Gordon was appointed Scotland manager
- Was voted Scottish Footballer of the Year in 1980