Qatar World Cup 2022: Create Your Own Fan Zone
The World Cup is arguably this year’s biggest football event, with Qatar hosting games across eight stadiums from November through to December.
Therefore, in this blog we’ll be discussing Fan Zones and why you should create one to help celebrate the World Cup 2022 – providing you with some great ideas on how to create your own Fan Zone, the types of entertainment you can book and why Bespoke Shows and Productions are ideal for Fan Zone Events.
So, get your flags and football strip at the ready as we take a look at how you can celebrate the World Cup 2022!
What Is a Fan Zone?
A Fan Zone is usually described as a temporary area where fans can come together to watch a sporting event on large screens. One example of this is when screens are placed in a town centre for non-ticket holders to participate in watching the event, while still feeling as though they are part of a community.
The Fan Zone concept has evolved in recent years, with many major stadiums opting to have an on-site Fan Zone space for fans to gather both pre and post-match. A Fan Zone usually includes a range of bars, eateries, pop-up shops, entertainment, live music etc.
Many sporting clubs have recognised the need to supply an outstanding fan experience to their supporters and have started building bigger and better Fan Zones. These Fan Zones can even be classed as ‘Fan Villages’ and provide immersive photo opportunities, top-of-the-range Event Technology, simulators, interactive apps and more.
Why Are Bespoke Shows And Productions Ideal For Fan Zones?
With a huge number of sporting clubs competing against one another to grab audience attention, it’s no wonder why the entertainment on offer has to be spectacular in every way!
Bespoke Shows and Productions are a great way of adding that much-needed ‘wow’ factor to your Fan Zone Event. Each show has the opportunity to bring something new and exciting to your guests and is a fully customisable entertainment option – meaning that you get to choose options such as performance choreography, costumes, background music etc to suit your event.
You can also hire a whole selection of Bespoke Shows and Productions to perform throughout your event. For example, if your Fan Zone was running for an entire week you could make sure performances were running multiple times a day across a 5-day period.
Top 10 Bespoke Shows And Productions For The World Cup 2022
Below we’ve gathered some fantastic Entertainment Options for your Fan Zone Event. Each of our Bespoke Shows and Productions are fully customisable to suit your event and venue space.
We also supply a pick ‘n’ mix service for all of our Entertainment, allowing you to create a bespoke entertainment package that is ideal for your event.
1) Aerial Balloon Shows
This classic option for your Bespoke Show features an Aerial Performer appearing to fly high above the crowd using cleverly disguised rigging.
Our Aerial Balloon Performer can high-five audience members as they float low enough to engage with the audience. We can also provide enhancing elements for this performance option including Projection Mapping to add unique elements of graphic design or project logos onto the inflatable balloon.
This performance is also available for both indoor and outdoor events.
2) LED Dance Shows
A highly suitable option if you’re looking for some nighttime entertainment for your Bespoke Show. Our Spectacular LED Dance Show is sure to amaze and astound your audience!
Our LED Dance Shows can feature up to 60 professional dancers, making them suitable for large-scale events such as Fan Zones. All of our LED Dance Shows are customisable and can adapt their choreography to suit a specific theme or event.
Some of our LED Performers include:
- LED Showgirls Dance Show
- LED Suit Dance Show
- Video Mapping LED Dancers
- LED Girls Dance Show
- LED Poi Dance Troupe
- LED Fan Performers
Also suitable for both indoor and outdoor events.
3) Drone Shows
If you really want to make a good first impression at your Fan Zone Event, our Drone Shows are a great way to captivate your audience from the start!
Featuring up to 500 Drones, our Drone Displays are both environmentally friendly and look spectacular in the night sky.
Our Drones can form patterns and shapes in the sky to create breathtaking images that are sure to inspire your audience to take a snap or two for their socials – you may want to think about including a logo or a slogan in your Drone Show for additional marketing value.
Drone Displays are suitable for Outdoor Events and can still perform at up to 45 km/h winds and light to medium rain showers.
4) 3D Projection Shows
Our Projection Shows feature the latest in Event Technology and can project images onto performers using Body Mapping Techniques and even uses Interactive Projections that can be activated by the performers throughout the show.
We have some amazing 3D Projection Shows including:
- Blackout Light Theatre Dance Show
- 3D Mapping Opening Shows
- 3D Brand Projection
- Building Projection Mapping Shows
- Supernatural 3D Mapping Show
- Western 3D Mapping Show
All of our Projection Shows are suitable for both indoor and outdoor events.
5) Aquatic Displays
This performance option is certainly unique and may want to get you thinking about including a ‘splash zone’ for those in the front row!
Using enhanced lighting, your view of the water bowl will become crystal clear, allowing you to view the performer from both above and below water. This performance option would also pair well with our Aquatic Theming for an additional immersive experience.
Suitable for both indoor and outdoor events.
6) Aerial Crane Shows
Much like our Aerial Balloon Performer, our Aerial Crane Shows defy gravity in a unique and totally unexpected way that is sure to shock and amaze your audience!
Featuring two different types of performance options, our shows Starstruck and Eclipse follow a breathtaking storyline that uses either a large crane rig or a circular crane rig – with Acrobatic Performers suspended high in the air.
This performance option would pair well with Drone Shows or even a Firework Display for additional entertainment value.
These performances are best suited for outdoor events due to the size of the aerial rigging.
7) Extreme Sports Shows
You may have come to your Fan Zone to already watch a Sporting Event, but our Extreme Sports Shows are in a whole league of their own!
Featuring performers such as:
- The Red Devils Parachute Display Team
- Jet Ski Freestylers
- The Globe of Death
- Extreme Jet Ski Water Shows
These Extreme Sports Shows add an element of danger and excitement to your event, with trained stunt professionals that will showcase impressive feats of bravery.
Our Extreme Sports Shows are suitable for both indoor and outdoor events.
8) Aerial Musician Shows
What do you get when you pair talented musicians with high-quality aerial rigging? Aerial Musicians, of course!
All of our Aerial Performers are professional musicians that can play their instruments live while being suspended high in the air.
A truly captivating performance option that is ideal for Fan Zone Events, our musicians can include:
Our musicians can perform at both indoor and outdoor events.
9) Sports Freestyle Shows
Another incredible Sporting Entertainment option for your Fan Zone Event, our Sports Freestyle Shows thrive on audience participation and can also be used as Walkabout Performers at your event.
Featuring Sports Freestylers such as:
All of our Freestylers are highly trained in their skillsets, many of them smashing Guinness World Record attempts with their talented tricks and performances.
10) Bespoke Aerial Arch Show
This show features a fully inflatable arch, with an impressive inflate time of just under 2 minutes! Our Bespoke Aerial Arch Show takes place on a 12-metre high structure, with an Aerial Acrobat featured front and centre for your audience to see.
Suspended from the arch, our Aerial Acrobat performs an elegant routine to music while projected elements change the colour and design of the arch to reflect your chosen theme. The Acrobat can either perform as a Silk Aerialist or Hoop Aerialist, depending on your preference.
This performance is suitable for outdoor events due to the size of the arch.
Building Your Fan Zone
Now that you have some entertainment options sorted, you might want to start thinking about building your Fan Zone. If this sounds like a daunting task, not to worry! We have gathered a list of considerations to take into account when building your Fan Zone to make things easier.
Considerations For Building Your Fan Zone
- Location: Where are you going to locate your Fan Zone? Do you have a large enough space to build the Fan Zone you’re intending?
- Layout: Does your Fan Zone layout create a natural flow for visitors? Have you looked at where queues might regularly form? Do certain facilities need to be spaced out or brought closer together?
- Planning Permission: Do you have permission to build on the land you’re intending to use? Will you need to gain planning permission from the local authorities?
- Accessibility: Have you thought about accessibility routes for guests with disabilities? How are you going to make your Fan Zone more user-friendly?
- Staffing: How many staff members will you need to assign to each area of your Fan Zone? Will you need to hire security?
- Licenses: How many licenses will you need to obtain for the entertainment or activities you are providing at your Fan Zone? For example, will you need a music license or a license to serve alcohol?
Using our Event Production and Event Management Services, we can provide turnkey event solutions for your Fan Zone Event. Starting with an idea brief and turning it into a 3D rendered design of your Fan Zone, you will be able to view your design concept from the beginning and make any necessary changes.
Our Staging, Lighting and AV equipment will be on hand to enhance your build with bespoke designs and layouts that are tailored to your Fan Zone space. We can also provide Marquee hire to create an indoor to outdoor flow or set up additional outdoor spaces for your event.
Theming Options For Fan Zones
The obvious theming choice for a Fan Zone is a Sporting Theme, depending on where the Fan Zone is based you will probably want to style your venue based on the team’s colours or logo design. On the other hand, if you would like to create a Fan Zone that looks creatively different and stands out from the rest, then we have some pre-made Theming Options to choose from:
If you have a completely new theming concept that you would like to produce for your Fan Zone, we can also create bespoke themes for your event.
When Is The World Cup 2022?
The World Cup 2022 is due to take place in Qatar from November 21st 2022 to December 18th 2022.
When the World Cup kicks off on November 21st Senegal will play the Netherlands at the Al Thumama Stadium, followed by the hosts Qatar playing against Ecuador at the Al Bayt Stadium.
The World Cup will start with four matches being played each day during the group stage, running over a 12-day period. The winners and runners-up will then progress to the round of 16.
Match Dates (UK Kick-Off Time)
Monday 21st November 2022 (Group Stage)
- Group A: Senegal vs Netherlands (10 am kick-off)
- Group B: England vs Iran (1 pm kick-off)
- Group A: Qatar vs Ecuador (4 pm kick-off)
- Group B: USA vs Wales (7 pm kick-off)
Tuesday 22nd November 2022 (Group stage)
- Group C: Argentina vs Saudi Arabia (10 am kick-off)
- Group D: Denmark vs Tunisia (1 pm kick-off)
- Group C: Mexico vs Poland (4 pm kick-off)
- Group D: France vs Australia (7 pm kick-off)
Wednesday 23rd November 2022 (Group Stage)
- Group F: Morocco vs Croatia (10 am kick-off)
- Group E: Germany vs Japan (1 pm kick-off)
- Group E: Spain vs Costa Rica (4 pm kick-off)
- Group F: Belgium vs Canada (7 pm kick-off)
Thursday 24th November 2022 (Group Stage)
- Group G: Switzerland vs Cameroon (10 am kick-off)
- Group H: Uruguay vs South Korea (1 pm kick-off)
- Group H: Portugal vs Ghana (4 pm kick-off)
- Group G: Brazil vs Serbia (7 pm kick-off)
Friday 25th November 2022 (Group Stage)
- Group B: Wales vs Iran (10 am kick-off)
- Group A: Qatar vs Senegal (1 pm kick-off)
- Group A: Netherlands vs Ecuador (4 pm kick-off)
- Group B: England vs USA (7 pm kick-off)
Saturday 26th November 2022 (Group Stage)
- Group C: Tunisia vs Australia (10 am kick-off)
- Group C: Poland vs Saudi Arabia (1 pm kick-off)
- Group D: France vs Denmark (4 pm kick-off)
- Group C: Argentina vs Mexico (7 pm kick-off)
Sunday 27th November 2022 (Group Stage)
- Group E: Japan vs Costa Rica (10 am kick-off)
- Group F: Belgium vs Morocco (1 pm kick-off)
- Group F: Croatia vs Canada (4 pm kick-off)
- Group E: Spain vs Germany (7 pm kick-off)
Monday 28th November 2022 (Group Stage)
- Group G: Cameroon vs Serbia (10 am kick-off)
- Group G: South Korea vs Ghana (1 pm kick-off)
- Group H: Brazil vs Switzerland (4 pm kick-off)
- Group H: Portugal vs Uruguay (7 pm kick-off)
Tuesday 29th November 2022 (Group Stage)
- Group A: Netherlands vs Qatar (10 am kick-off)
- Group A: Ecuador vs Senegal (3 pm kick-off)
- Group B: Wales vs England (7 pm kick-off)
- Group B: Iran vs USA (7 pm kick-off)
Wednesday 30th November 2022 (Group Stage)
- Group D: Australia vs Denmark (3 pm kick-off)
- Group D: Tunisia vs France (3 pm kick-off)
- Group C: Poland vs Argentina (7 pm kick-off)
- Group C: Saudi Arabia vs Mexico (7 pm kick-off)
Thursday 1st December 2022 (Group Stage)
- Group F: Croatia vs Belgium (3 pm kick-off)
- Group F: Canada vs Morocco (3 pm kick-off)
- Group E: Costa Rica vs Germany (7 pm kick-off)
- Group E: Japan vs Spain (7 pm kick-off)
Friday 2nd December 2022 (Group Stage)
- Group G: South Korea vs Portugal (3 pm kick-off)
- Group G: Ghana vs Uruguay (3 pm kick-off)
- Group H: Serbia vs Switzerland (7 pm kick-off)
- Group H: Cameroon vs Brazil (7 pm kick-off)
Saturday 3rd December 2022 (Round of 16)
- 49 – Winners of Group A vs Runners-up of Group B (3 pm kick-off)
- 50 – Winners of Group C vs Runners-up of Group D (7 pm kick-off)
Sunday 4th December 2022 (Round of 16)
- 52 – Winners of Group D vs Runners-up of Group C (3 pm kick-off)
- 51 – Winners of Group B vs Runners-up of Group A (7 pm kick-off)
Monday 5th December 2022 (Round of 16)
- 53 – Winners of Group E vs Runners-up of Group F (3 pm kick-off)
- 54 – Winners of Group G vs Runners-up of Group H (7 pm kick-off)
Tuesday 6th December 2022 (Round of 16)
- 55 – Winners of Group F vs Runners-up of Group E (3 pm kick-off)
- 56 – Winners of Group H vs Runners-up of Group G (7 pm kick-off)
Friday 9th December 2022 (Quarter-Finals)
- 58 – Winners of 53 vs Winners of 54 (3 pm kick-off)
- 57 – Winners of 49 vs Winners of 50 (3 pm kick-off)
Saturday 10th December 2022 (Quarter-Finals)
- 60 – Winners of 55 vs Winners of 56 (3 pm kick-off)
- 59 – Winners of 51 vs Winners of 52 (7 pm kick-off)
Tuesday 13th December 2022 (Semi-Finals)
- 61 – Winners of 57 vs Winners of 58 (7 pm kick-off)
Wednesday 14th December 2022 (Semi-Finals)
- 62 – Winners of 59 vs Winners of 60 (7 pm kick-off)
Saturday 17th December 2022 (Semi-Finals)
- 63 – Third place play-off (3 pm kick-off)
Sunday 18th December 2022 (Final)
- 64 – The World Cup Final (3 pm kick-off)
We hope this blog has given you some great ideas for your Fan Zone, from thinking about design through to building, theming and entertainment options.
If you would like to read more about the services that we offer as an Event Management Company, then please take a look at our Homepage for more information. You can also get in touch with one of our Event Managers to discuss your Fan Zone ideas.